Open Water Swimming
From the 2017 season and onward we are pleased to offer you the NOWCA ‘in-play’ RFID system which tracks your swim and performance, and from where you’ll be able to manage your own personal leisure swimming and racing profile online.
We are better able to manage your safety in the water using the same RFID tags and you’ll be able to purchase bulk swims and store them on your band, which means, you don’t have to carry cash every time you swim anymore.
At just £10 for the year, please visit this website link to purchase your personal profile swim band before the start of the season for us to get up and running. Please ensure to sign up under Manley Mere. https://www.nowca.org/Account/Register
Open water swimming will commence at Manley Mere every Tuesday 6pm - 8pm from the 2nd May and every Saturday from the 6th May 9am-10.30am through to September.
The cost for NOWCA swim members will be £6.50 per swim, if you are not a NOWCA member the cost will be £7.50 per swim. For every NOWCA member there will be a free swim on the first Sunday of the month.
Please see†www.nowca.org†for opening times, opening days, facilities, events and/or races at Manley Mere.
We have safety officers on the water and a qualified swim instructor on site (when available) to give tips and assistance. You must be aged 14+. Wetsuits must be worn. The chameleon bar and restaurant will be open for refreshments. Free onsite parking for swimmers. Changing Rooms, toilets and limited showers available.
Please fill out a registration form before your first swim. You will need to declare any facts which may affect your participation in the swim.
- All swimmers must enter and exit the water within the designated areas (unless in an emergency).
- All swimmers are required to wear a wetsuit (unless the water temperature is 23 degrees +) and swim cap.
- Strictly no diving or jumping into the water.
- Swim in a clockwise direction and please stick to the courses marked out
- Every child under the age of 16 MUST be accompanied by an adult in the water and are limited to the 250m course. No children under the age of 14 are permitted.
- For those of you that have had no or little experience in open water swimming, we ask that you stick to the 250m course and swim with a buddy.
- Raise your arm for attention. If you cannot get to shore, roll onto your back and raise your arm and wait for help.
- Swimming time is limited to 1 hour per swimmer.
- Please remove your wetsuit before entering the restaurant area
Wear a Wetsuit
This will not only keep you warm, but also act as a buoyancy aid. If you are a member of an open water swimming association or entered and training for a non wetsuit event, you may be exempt from this rule, but only if you seek prior permission, please inform us when you sign in and tick in the bracket when signing on.