Open Water Swimming
Tuesday 1st May 6pm - 8pm and every Saturday from the 6th May 9am - 10.30am through to October
Manley Mere welcomes open water swimmers at all levels during our swim season.
LAKE WEED UPDATE 11th AUGUST: WE ARE NOW FULLY OPEN WITH CHOICES OF 400 METRE 500 METRE AND 750 METRE CIRCUITS
Safety is VERY important for our customers, therefore every open swimmer must sign a NOWCA registration and you will receive a swim band for the season which costs £12. You can do this via the website www.nowca.org
As a National Open Water Coaching Association (NOWCA) swim venue we run our swim sessions using NOWCA’s ‘in-play’ RFID system which tracks your swim and performance via your own personal RFID swim band and from where you’ll be able to manage your own personal leisure swimming and racing profile online. New members will be asked to name your home lake – please make sure you select Manley Mere so that we can manage your swim band! Alongside many NOWCA member benefits, you’ll be able to purchase bulk swims and store them on your band which speeds up the onsite check-in process.
- NOWCA Members - £6.50 per swim
- NOWCA Members - £6.00 per swim for 10 x swims prepaid
- Non NOWCA member - £8.00 per swim
If you have not signed up as a NOWCA member we do have a limited number of guest bands available on a first come first served basis.
- Wetsuits - £5.00
- Triathlon Wetsuits - £10.00
- Swim Caps - £5.00
For every NOWCA member there will be a free 400 meter swim on a Tuesday at 7.45pm
Free onsite parking for swimmers. Changing rooms, toilets and showers available. Refreshments are available from The Chameleon Cafe Bar. You will need to declare any facts which may affect your participation in the swim. Safety officers will be on the water throughout swim sessions Please contact us for further information or to book onto our coaching sessions
- All swimmers must enter and exit the water within the designated areas (unless in an emergency).
- All swimmers are required to wear a wetsuit (unless the water temperature is 23 degrees +)
- Strictly no diving or jumping into the water.
- Swim in a clockwise direction and please stick to the courses marked out
- Every child under the age of 14 MUST be accompanied by an adult in the water
- For those of you that have had no or little experience in open water swimming, we ask that you stick to the 250m course and swim with a buddy.
- Raise your arm for attention. If you cannot get to shore, roll onto your back and raise your arm and wait for help.
Wearing a wetsuit
This will not only keep you warm, but also act as a buoyancy aid. If you are a member of an open water swimming association or entered and training for a non-wetsuit event, you may be exempt from this rule, but only if you seek prior permission, please inform us when you sign in and tick in the bracket when signing on.