Schools & Youth Groups
What We Offer
Manley Mere is an outdoor activities centre, centrally situated in the heart of the Cheshire countryside. On site we have a lake and watersports centre, a large adventure trail and orienteering course and woodland areas containing many indigenous trees and a large variety of wildlife and water birds.
Our excellent facilities, experienced and qualified staff and wide range of equipment and activities all serve to provide a stimulating experience for your learners. Catering for all primary and secondary age groups, our facilities are large enough to accommodate up to 200 pupils and we are flexible and keen to put together a programme that meets your needs. We offer:
- Multi-activity fun sessions
- Team-building/interpersonal skills activities
- NGB-recognised RYA dinghy/windsurf and BCU canoe/kayak sessions for all levels
- Curriculum-enhancement courses for geography, science and PE
A Wide Choice
Courses can include any of these activities:
- Canoeing & Kayaking
- Orienteering and treasure hunts
- Raft-building and team games
- Adventure trail and assault course
- Classroom and outdoor learning space
Here at Manley Mere, our aim is to provide schools and staff with a straightforward, easy to manage solution to your outdoor learning and adventure needs. Our knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff are ready to help you plan, organise and conduct a successful trip - and most importantly - ensure a memorable and enjoyable time for your learners.
Please have a look at the enclosed information and do get in touch if you require further information or would like to discuss a prospective school visit.
Here at Manley Mere we believe in having the best equipment with great instructors in an exciting and inspirational environment giving youngsters a fantastic experience. Our watersports programmes can work towards nationally recognised qualifications or a full multi-activity programme gives a taster of a wide range of activities.
RYA Dinghy Sailing and Windsurfing Courses
Thanks to modern technology, these fun and exhilarating sports are accessible and easy to learn. At Manley Mere we offer everything from 2-hour taster sessions to full 2-day courses leading to RYA certificates.
- Build personal confidence through learning new skills
- Understand natural forces and harness the elements
- Discover the science behind sailing – forces and motion, weather and tides
BCU Canoe and Kayak Courses
Still the easiest and most economical way to get a group out on the water; Canoeing and Kayaking are highly accessible and youngsters gain a sense of freedom as well as achievement. We offer a range of session choices from 1-hour introductions to full BCU courses.
- An engaging hands-on practical activity
- Great exercise – challenge perceptions about health and the outdoors
Raft-Building, Stand-Up-Paddleboarding and Team Games
These activities are great for getting youngsters working together and building confidence. Our instructors are full of ideas to challenge and develop learners, whilst also ensuring the activities are safe and enjoyable.
- Build team-working skills
- Learn to communicate with peers in order to accomplish new challenges
- Build decision-making skills and risk awareness
Our multi-activity courses enable a wide range of sports to be sampled to see what inspires different members of your group. Half-day or full-day sessions can be arranged or combined with the Adventure Trail and Orienteering options to provide an action-packed visit.
- Our most popular programme
- Fantastic for improving water confidence and learning new skills
- Full-on fun for everyone
All watersports activities at Manley Mere are led and supervised by our RYA and BCU qualified instructors. All specialist clothing and equipment (wetsuits, buoyancy-aids) are provided.
Weather for Frodsham, UK
Wind: 23 kph NW
Showers in the Vicinity
Wind: 23 kph NW
Wind: 23 kph NW
PM Light Rain